This simple guide will show you how to make a smoked pork butt like a pro. The smoked pork butt can then be used in several other recipes that use pulled pork. It is extremely simple to execute, and although it takes some time, your patience will be rewarded.
Juiciest Smoked Pork Butt For Pulled Pork Video Tutorial
This recipe is extremely simple in its execution. The meat needs little to no preparation other than seasoning and flavoring it. You can even experiment with the flavoring, since this recipe is designed to let the meat’s flavor shine.
Ingredients for this Butt Recipe
- Pork butt
- Yellow mustard
- Seasoning (any quality BBQ pork rub, get Malcom’s rub here)
Smoking Your Pork
- Coat the pork butt with some yellow mustard. This will act as a binder for the seasoning.
- Liberally sprinkle the dry rub over the pork butt and gently massage it into the meat.
- Get your smoker up to proper temperature (225 – 235 degrees)
- The length of cooking can be tricky to figure out. A good rule of thumb is 1 to 1 (hours of smoke per lb of meat). Always have a meat thermometer handy and strictly go by internal temperature. The ideal internal temperature is 195 degrees for pulled pork.
- When temperature hits 160 internal (around 5 – 6 hours of smoke) remove the pork butt from the smoker and wrap it tightly in aluminum foil.
- When the pork has climbed to an internal temperature of 195 pull it off the smoker.
- Let the pork butt rest for 15 to 30 minutes before pulling.Open the aluminum foil carefully and allow some of the steam to escape
- Drain off as much liquid as possible from the pork butt and pull the meat.
Recipes Related To Pork Butt
Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe (Redneck Nachos) This recipe is a creative twist on traditional nachos. Using pulled pork meat as the base ingredient, with home-made chips and bacon. Also known as “red-neck nachos”, this is a great idea for when you are watching Superbowl, or when having friends over at your house.
Prosciutto Wrapped Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe This classy yet simple prosciutto wrapped grilled pork tenderloin recipe is a real crowd pleaser! The pork tenderloin is slathered in a bright and flavorful garlic and herb mixture before being wrapped in savory prosciutto and rich pancetta.