There’s no beef like Wagyu beef, and you need an equally great recipe to do it justice… This grilled beef ribs recipe is the perfect fit to do just that…
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Garlic clove
- ½ Thumb ginger
- ½ Red chilli pepper
- 3 Tbsp sweet soy sauce (Ketjap manis)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (regular)
- 3 Tbsp Mirin
- 3 Tbsp Chilli sauce
- 4 Tbsp Dark brown sugar
Wagyu Grilled Beef Ribs (Sweet Kalbi Style Sauce)
Light up your grill and prepare a cast iron skillet with some olive oil.
While the oil is heating up, chop the shallot, garlic clove, ginger and red pepper finely.
Once the pan is hot, grill the chopped spices. Once the onion starts getting some color, add the sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, mirin, chilli sauce and dark brown sugar. Let the mix boil.
When the entire surface has been covered with bubbles (5-6 minutes, just enough to mix the flavors), take the skillet off the pit. Strain the sauce to separate the solids and let it cool down completely.
Brush the cold sauce on the beef and let it marinate for 2 hours. Having done that, grill the ribs until internal temperature hits 130°F. Then pull the meat off the grill, brush on some more sauce and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve while warm.
Exclusive Pitmaster Gear
Latest posts by I Love Grilling Meat (see all)
- Perfect Roast Turkey Recipe On The Kamado Joe - November 20, 2017
- Shovel Steak On The Grill – Monster Tomahawk Steak Recipe - November 17, 2017
- Lump Charcoal vs Briquettes : Choosing the Right Charcoal for Grilling and Smoking - November 11, 2017