A bacon explosion recipe that does justice to its name… this one is so delicious it will blow your mind and tastebuds…
The Original Bacon Sushi (Bacon Explosion Recipe)
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- BBQ Rub
- Fire Roasted Poblano Peppers
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- ¼ Cup BBQ Sauce
First, crisp up ½ lb of bacon. When done, cut it into small pieces.
Spread out 1 lb of breakfast sausage. You can best do this on parchment paper to make handling it easier. Cover with your BBQ rub of choice. Add crumbled bacon, fire roasted Poblano peppers and shredded Colby Jack cheese. Top with ¼ Cup BBQ Sauce and roll up, sealing the seams.
Create a 8×8 bacon weave (again, on top of parchment paper if available). Spread more BBQ rub on the weave, then place the stuffed breakfast sausage and roll it up. Add more BBQ rub.
Fire up your smoker and preheat it to 250°F. Cook the Bacon Explosion for 2-4 hours, or until internal temperature hits 165°F.
Exclusive Pitmaster Deals
Latest posts by White Thunder BBQ (see all)
- Easy Pork Butt Recipe On The Mini WSM - November 4, 2017
- Beer Brats On The Grill – Sausage Sandwich With Peppers And Onions - October 1, 2017
- Smoked Herb Rubbed Chicken Recipe - September 7, 2017