A bacon explosion recipe that does justice to its name… this one is so delicious it will blow your mind and tastebuds…
The Original Bacon Sushi (Bacon Explosion Recipe)
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- BBQ Rub
- Fire Roasted Poblano Peppers
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- ¼ Cup BBQ Sauce
First, crisp up ½ lb of bacon. When done, cut it into small pieces.
Spread out 1 lb of breakfast sausage. You can best do this on parchment paper to make handling it easier. Cover with your BBQ rub of choice. Add crumbled bacon, fire roasted Poblano peppers and shredded Colby Jack cheese. Top with ¼ Cup BBQ Sauce and roll up, sealing the seams.
Create a 8×8 bacon weave (again, on top of parchment paper if available). Spread more BBQ rub on the weave, then place the stuffed breakfast sausage and roll it up. Add more BBQ rub.
Fire up your smoker and preheat it to 250°F. Cook the Bacon Explosion for 2-4 hours, or until internal temperature hits 165°F.
Exclusive Pitmaster Deals
Latest posts by White Thunder BBQ (see all)
- How To Smoke Any Cheese At Home (Cold Smoked Cheese) - January 11, 2019
- Coffee Rubbed Brisket Recipe (For Rich Deep Beef Flavors) - November 10, 2018
- Spicy Beef Jerky: Homemade Beef Jerky Recipe - October 24, 2018