If you’ve been wondering what all the fuss is about over this cook, relax and get ready to cook yourself a real Szechuan seared ribeye steak! This mouthwatering beefy meat is cooked low and slow, then seared with all the right flavors that’ll make their mouths water for more.
You will need
- Boneless ribeye steak
- Kosher salt
- 1 clove of Garlic (cut in half)
- 5-6 Dried red chili peppers (cut in half)
- 2 Tbsp Dried Szechuan peppers
- Sesame oil
Szechuan Seared Ribeye Steak Recipe
First, start by giving the ribeye a nice coat of straight Kosher salt. Leave it on the side, while you set up your cooker for low & slow cooking at 200ºF-2225ºF.
Next, place the steak on your cooker and monitor core temperature using a meat probe. When core temp hits 80ºF, flip the steak, then let it go all the way up to 120ºF.
When you reach roughly 10º before your steak’s desired doneness (so for medium rare, when it’s at 110ºF), light a new charcoal chimney. This charcoal will be used for searing the steak.
When the steak hits 120ºF internal, take it of the cooker and lightly tent it with some foil. Allow carryover temperature to keep cooking it while setting up a cast iron skillet for searing on the grill.
Then, preheat some sesame oil and place the two halves of the garlic clove in the oil – this will give the oil more flavor. Make sure to remove the garlic before it burns!
Then throw the Szechuan peppers and chili peppers in the skillet. Once they are nice and toasty, make some room and place the steak on the skillet as well.
Give each side a good sear, then sear the outer edge as well. Then pull it from the heat and let the szechuan seared ribeye rest for ~10 minutes.
- Grilled Ribeye Steak Marinated In Whiskey Cola
- Asian Style Smoked Pork Belly
- How To Dry Age Ribeye at Home
- Chinese BBQ Pork Recipe (Char Siu Recipe)
Exclusive Pitmaster Gear
Latest posts by Greg Mrvich (see all)
- Wisconsin Butter Burger (Solly’s Grille Burger Copycat) - July 2, 2019
- The Junkyard Dog Burger Challenge - June 19, 2019
- Burger King Whopper Recipe (Burger King Copycat) - June 2, 2019