You might not have heard of it, but this Shashlik Recipe is very popular in Europe and for good reason. Watch the tutorial below and you’ll see why this recipe is now making mouths water across the USA…
You will need
- 2×2 inch Pork Chunks (used here: pork shoulder)
- 2×2 inch Beef Chunks (used here: Tri-Tip)
- Sliced vegetables (white onion or other)
- 5 White Onions
- ½ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Grape Seed Oil
- 1 bunch of Chive
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Russian Style Beef & Pork Kebab (Shashlik Recipe)
The first and most important part of this Shashlik recipe is the marinade. Mince the white onions (or better, use your food processor), chop up the chive, and mix all of the ingredients in a large enough bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Place the meat in a ziploc bag. Use separate bags for beef and pork if you are doing both. Pour the marinade inside the bag(s), seal while pushing the air out, and “massage” it to get the marinade everywhere. Then let the meat marinate in the fridge for 4 hours.
Next, prepare the Shashlik kebabs. Alternate between skewering meat and onion slices.
Once you have the kebabs ready and your pit set up for grilling, you can start cooking! To ensure even cooking throughout, make sure to rotate frequently or move it to a colder spot if necessary.
When done, dive right in and enjoy your Russian style Kebab!
Exclusive Pitmaster Offers
Latest posts by Greg Mrvich (see all)
- How To Smoke Texas Cut Beef Ribs - February 20, 2019
- St. Petersburger Burger Recipe (Locale Market’s Copycat Burger) - February 3, 2019
- Szechuan Seared Ribeye Steak Recipe - January 23, 2019