A stuffed smoked pork loin with a sweet, sweet twist… If you have dry apricots lying around the house, great! if you don’t, go buy some NOW because after you’ve tasted this you’ll definitely be doing this cook more than once…
Rolled and Stuffed Smoked Pork Loin
- Pork loin (used in video: 3.5 lbs)
- 1/2 lb Pecan nuts (roughly 200 grams)
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 lb Dried apricots (roughly 250 grams)
- 2 Cups White Port wine (roughly 500 ml)
- 5 Tbsp Apricot marmalade
In a small bowl mix 1/2lb Pecan nuts, 2 Tbsp powdered sugar and 3 Tbsp honey. Make sure the nuts are covered with honey and sugar. Then place them on a sheet of baking paper and bake in the oven at 350°F for 3 minutes.
Place the dried apricots in a pan, cover with white port wine, and simmer until the apricots turn soft.
Cut open (butterfly) the pork loin. Start at one third of the fillet’s thickness, and when you reach the end continue at half the thickness. You should end up with a pork loin three times as wide. Season one side with Kosher salt and black pepper. Chop the caramelized nuts coarsely and sprinkle on the pork loin. Chop the apricots and place them on the pork loin as well.
Roll up the pork loin and tie it up. Season the outside with salt and pepper as well.
Place the roll on a smoker preheated to 350°F. Smoke over indirect heat until internal temperature hits 145°F. About 15 minutes before it is ready, glaze with apricot marmalade.
Let the smoked pork loin rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Exclusive Pitmaster Gear
Latest posts by I Love Grilling Meat (see all)
- Smoked Lamb Shoulder Recipe (Lamb Shoulder Roast) - April 29, 2017
- Competition Brisket Recipe: Beef Brisket and Burnt Ends - April 28, 2017
- Wagyu Grilled Beef Ribs (Sweet Kalbi Style Sauce) - April 26, 2017