A smoked beef ribs recipe using a barrel smoker making one of the simplest means to end your cook with juicy, meaty, beef ribs (Jack Daniels glaze recipe included!)…
Pecan Smoked Beef Ribs Recipe (Finger Beef Ribs)
Prepare the rack by removing the membrane from the bone side. Season the beef ribs with your favorite BBQ rub (we suggest a beef & game rub). Insert the hook that comes with the Pit Barrel Cooker. Puncture between the first and second bones, since on beef ribs the bones are big enough to support the weight (on pork ribs you would insert the hook between the second and third bone).
Fire up the Pit Barrel Cooker. It only takes about 15 minutes to get up to temp. Add a little bit of smoke wood (Pecan). Then hang the rib racks on the PBC.
About 2:30 to 3 hours into the cook pull the ribs off the Cooker to apply a glaze. Here’s a quick Jack Daniels glaze recipe:
- 1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) Jack Daniels
- 2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 crushed Bay leaf
- 2 tsp Celery seeds
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 pinch Crushed red pepper
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbsp) Apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbsp) Ketchup
- 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbsp) Agave nectar
After applying the glaze, hang the ribs back on the Pit Barrel Cooker and cook for another 30-45 minutes.
When ready, let the ribs rest for ~10 minutes before serving.
p.s. learn more about the Pit Barrel Cooker package here
Exclusive Pitmaster Gear
Latest posts by Greg Mrvich (see all)
- Smoked Beef Brisket Recipe (The 9 Hour Veritcal Brisket Cook) - April 7, 2017
- Pecan Smoked Beef Ribs Recipe (Finger Beef Ribs) - April 3, 2017
- The Minion Method: How To Manage Heat In Your Smoker - March 28, 2017