Take this simple Jamaican jerk chicken recipe and marinate some bone-in chicken in it for about 5 hours for a really delicious meal straight off the grill! This recipe does about 10lbs of legs/thighs.
I hope you give this one a try…
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe
What is Jamaican Jerk Chicken?
“Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a very hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice. Jerk seasoning is traditionally applied to pork and chicken. Modern recipes also apply jerk spice mixes to fish, shrimp, shellfish, beef, sausage, lamb, vegetables, and tofu. Jerk seasoning principally relies upon two items: allspice (called “pimento” in Jamaica) and Scotch bonnet peppers. Other ingredients may include cloves, cinnamon, scallions, nutmeg, thyme, garlic, brown sugar, ginger, and salt.”
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
- Chicken Legs
- 1/2 Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Green Onions
- 3 Habanero peppers
- 1 T Thyme
- 1/4 t Cinnamon
- 1 t Allspice
- 1/4 C vinegar
- 2 T Olive Oil
- Blend all ingredients (except the chicken) in food processor or blender thoroughly.
- Place chicken in a bag or bowl and pour blended marinade over chicken.
- Marinate about approximately 5 hours in refrigerator.
- Set up grill for indirect heat and add some wood of your choice to your charcoal for smoke flavor.
- Grill for approximately 60 minutes turning chicken half way through at 25-30 minutes
Huli Huli Chicken Recipe (Hawaiian Style) This Huli Huli chicken recipe is a taste that originated in Hawaii and has been a huge hit around the world so we’re sure your family and friends will love it!
Smoked Turkey Recipes: 2 Turkeys 2 Ways If a citrus infused buttered smoked turkey sounds good to you or your simple traditionally rubbed smoked turkey then be sure to watch this entire video for some ideas on your holiday smoked turkey this year.
You may also like:
14-Piece Deluxe Stainless-Steel Grill Set by Cuisinart