Pulled pork with an interesting twist that will make heads turn and mouths water instantly. Do this Cuban mojo pork recipe at your next back yard barbecue and this dish will be the talk of your neighborhood for weeks, maybe even months to come.
Authentic Cuban Mojo Pork Recipe
Sour Orange Juice
- 1 C – Orange Juice
- 1/2 C – Lime
- 1/2 C – Lemon Juice
Cuban Mojo Marinade
- 2 Cups Sour Orange juice
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 20 Cloves of peeled Garlic – use trick in video
Place your pork butt in a food safe ziploc bag, and pour in half of the marinade. Place the bag in the fridge and marinate overnight.
Preheat your cooker to 325ºF. Salt your butts to preference, and smoke over indirect heat to an internal temperature of 160ºF.
At this point, get the pork butt off the heat, and wrap tightly. Before you “seal” the foil, pour 1/2 cup of the reserve marinade over the meat. Place back on the cooker and let it smoke to an internal temp of 200ºF. When done, save the juices from the foil, and let the pork rest for 20 minutes, then pull into desired chunks/strands.
- Sautee 1 onion
- Add 1/2 C of remaining marinade
- 1/2 C of Juices from foil
- Bring to Boil then simmer.
Add the pork chunks to the sauce and give them a coating. Serve with orange,lemon & lime wedges
Exclusive Pitmaster Deals
Deluxe 3-Piece BBQ Tool Set
Latest posts by I Love Grilling Meat (see all)
- Big Game Day Ribs Recipe (Apricot Glaze) - January 20, 2019
- Smoked Pork Belly Burnt Ends - January 18, 2019
- Super Bowl Buffalo Wings Platter (Backyard Wings Recipe) - January 17, 2019