To those who say “my chicken doesn’t need sauce”… Well, they clearly never tasted this mouthwatering BBQ Chicken sauce by the legendary pitmaster Aaron Franklin. You’ll discover a couple of interesting twists in this cook that might just delightfully surprise you.
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Tamarind Concentrate
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Salt
- Splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ancho Powder (alternatively Cayenne or regular Chili powder)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- A little honey
Delicious BBQ Chicken Sauce By Aaron Franklin
This is a very simple sauce recipe, but don’t be fooled: it is going to take your BBQ chicken to a whole new level of tasty. So let’s get started!
Get yourself a regular sauce pan. Add the ketchup first, followed by brown sugar (light brown also works). Then add the white vinegar and apple cider vinegar.
The next ingredient (surprisingly interesting in BBQ sauces) is Tamarind concentrate. This ingredient can be found at any Asian food market, and some Indian food markets as well.
Many sauce recipes suggest the use of liquid smoke. Instead, this one uses smoked salt. You still get all the smoky goodness, without all the things dislike about liquid smoke.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a smidge of honey. Finally, add the Ancho powder -or one of the alternatives provided in the list above- and give it a good whisk.
On to the stove! Place the sauce pan on a low heat, and stir it lightly until the sugar dissolves completely. Then turn off the heat, and bottle it or use it immediately on some chicken!
Exclusive Pitmaster Deals
Latest posts by I Love Grilling Meat (see all)
- Beef Flanken Style Short Ribs (24 Hour Marinade Included) - July 9, 2018
- Steak Baguette Recipe (French Style Mouthwatering) - July 2, 2018
- BBQ Chicken Sauce By Aaron Franklin (Mouthwateringly Delicious) - June 30, 2018