This Asian-inspired BBQ wings recipe is the definition of stepping up your wing game. Sweet with a hint of spice, get ready for some sticky saucy deliciousness…
- 1 1/2 ounce jar of Apricot preserves (or orange marmalade)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil Sesame seeds for garnish
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 Cup of Hosin sauce
- 1/4 Cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp 5 spice powder
- 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 to 1 Cup of Sriracha sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger reserve
For this bbq wings recipe, get a large, non-reactive bowl (like a glass bowl). Mix all of the ingredients for the brine, one by one, starting with the wet ingredients. Use a food processor if available to make the mixture as uniform as possible.
Toss the chicken wings in the marinade, until they are fully covered, then let them sit in the liquid for a minimum of 2 hours (up to a whole night). Afterwards, drain the marinade, setting 1 cup apart for later.
Next up, prepare your grill for cooking over indirect heat. Chicken wings cook fast, so we want to cook them with radiant heat to make sure they are done all the way through.
Cook the wings for about 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes or so for even cooking. 20 minutes before the wings are done, baste with the marinade that was put aside before. Repeat 10 minutes before the end.
When done, garnish with some sesame seeds, and serve while they’re hot!
- Perfectly Crispy Chicken Wings – Smoked & Deep Fried
- Spicy Garlic Parmesan Smoked Chicken Wings
- Cherry Moonshine Glazed Smoked Chicken Wings Recipe
Exclusive Pitmaster Gear
Latest posts by I Love Grilling Meat (see all)
- Winning Competition Style Ribs On The BGE - May 18, 2019
- Cowboy Chop Ribeye Steak Recipe - May 15, 2019
- Candied Bacon Nuggets | Bacon Burnt Ends On The Grill - May 11, 2019